Connected Home Buyer's Guide
Whether you’re thousands of miles from home or just at the far end of the house, connected home technology can help you keep tabs on your most prized possessions.Learn More
- Is your smoke alarm outdated? Looking to monitor your home for smoke or carbon monoxide leaks and be proactively notified in the event of an emergency?
- Try Nest Protect™ Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm for alerts sent straight to your smartphone or tablet when your alarm senses smoke or carbon monoxide.
- Are you trying to easily save energy while you’re away from home, but want to return to a comfortable temperature setting?
- Try the 3rd gen Nest Learning Thermostat™, ecobee4 (now with Amazon Alexa Voice Service), Nest Thermostat E or ecobee3 Lite for automated energy savings. These smart thermostats learn your schedule so you don’t have to change the temperature to an energy-efficient setting before you leave for the day. And, you’ll return home to a comfortable temperature.
- Interested in the Wi-Fi capability of the Nest and ecobee thermostats, but don’t need all the bells and whistles?
- Try the LUX/GEO thermostat for a simpler, more affordable option. It’s easy to install and program and it uses your smartphone’s location through the app to tell whether you are home or not and optimizes your energy savings while you’re away.
- Try the ecbooe3 lite or the Nest Thermostat E for new, more affordable options from Nest and ecobee.
- Have a ecobee thermostat, but looking for more control over the temperature of individual rooms in your home?
- Try the ecobee Room Sensor, which monitors the temperature of the most important rooms in your home – so you can let your ecobee thermostat know which room should be a certain temperature at a certain time of day.
Wi-Fi and Bluetooth-enabled lighting gives you convenience while letting your artistic side shine. Choose from an array of lighting colors, hues or textures and sync your wireless LEDs to other products for increased security.Learn More
- Looking for a way to seamlessly turn off, on and dim your LED lighting from your smartphone?
- Try the Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Dimmer Switch for setup, control and monitoring of Caseta Wireless dimmers that will let you set the mood in any room – all from your smartphone.
- Want to save energy and gain control over the lighting in your home?
It's important that your home can support all your electronic gadgets. Make regular devices smart with a smart plug, control multiple devices through a smart hub and ensure strong and consistent connectivity with a mesh Wi-Fi network. Be prepared to geek out.Learn More
- Interested in turning boring, regular electronics into easily-controlled, smart devices?
- Try the ecobee Switch+ – a smart switch that lets you control your lights and devices from your smartphone or your voice with Amazon Alexa.
- Looking to control all of your smart devices from one source?
- Try Wink Hub 2 – it supports more smart home protocols than most smart hubs and comes with enhanced security features.
You've only got two hands, and they're often busy. With these voice-activated devices, you can now change the thermostat temperature, order groceries, get today's weather forecast and much more.Learn More
- Interested in getting voice-activated control from one centralized location?
- Try ecobee4 – it's a smart thermostat with built-in Amazon Alexa Voice Service. With this device, you can do more than change your home temperature settings with your voice. You can ask for traffic conditions, play music through Spotify, tell your Google Chromecast to turn on Netflix and more!
- Try ecobee Switch+ - the smarter switch that has built-in Amazon Alexa and high quality speaker. Turn on and off your lights from your smartphone and ask your ecobee Switch+ for the weather, news, music and more.
- Looking for an affordable device that will connect many of your other smart home devices?
- Try Google Home – it's powered by the Google Assistant so you can ask it questions and tell it to do things. And with support for multiple users, it can distinguish your voice from others in your home so you get a more personalized experience. You can buy multiple bases and group them together to expand your control.
Which products work together?
All Nest products are designed to communicate with all other Nest products and can be accessed from one simple and free iOS or Android app called Nest - Your home in your hand. Plus, Nest products can become smarter with time and through interaction with one another.Learn More
When the Nest Protect Smoke + Carbon Monoxide Alarm senses smoke and air quality emergencies, it tells the Nest Thermostat to shut off your heating and cooling system so it does not circulate throughout your home. Nest Protect’s motion sensors also communicate with your thermostat so it knows when you’re home or away, making the thermostat even more efficient.
There are a number of wireless ecosystems that connect smart home devices. No one standard connects all, so which is right for you?Learn More
|Nest Learning Thermostat||Nest Protect||ecobee4 with Amazon Alexa Voice Service||ecobee3 lite||Honeywell Wi-Fi Color Touchscreen Programmable Thermostat||Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart Bridge Dimmer Kit||ecobee Switch+||Wemo® Insight Energy Use Monitor|
Now that you know how connected home products can make your home smarter, safer and more convenient, you’re ready to browse our collection.
Still have questions? Contact our knowledgeable customer support team via chat or email.